Friday, May 7, 2010

Jake Mulka


Jacob Michael Mulka. I still remember the first day I met him. It was the first day of school, and I was new. Already the third hour of the day, I was becoming more familiar with the building and people in it. When I sat down in my third hour teacher, Mrs. Beroff’s class I was nervous, shy, and bored. It was the third hour of six that I would be sitting and listening to the teacher talk about things that I’d heard all day. After the bell rang, Mrs. Beroff let us know that she was going to assigning a seating chart. I wasn’t too upset about it, because I didn’t even know anyone that I wanted to sit with yet.

In the next few minutes, I realized that I’d been seated next to a funny, cute, red headed boy. We started talking, and by the end of the hour I found out that he played hockey, got good, grades, and was very easy to get along with. Also another student in our class, Dan Vayis, was on his hockey team. They were quite the pair. I went to my fourth hour in a very good mood.
As the semester went on, I had a great time. They both made jokes about the things we learned, and always had the whole class laughing. One day, when I forgot to do my homework, Jake’s great personality shined through. The nice guy that he was, he shared his homework with me. When we did our labs, Dan Jake and I were always a group. Throughout the semester, we started working with other students too. Dalen, Hayley, and even Brittany. We were a pretty talkative group. Occasionally, when we had substitute teachers, we had to be separated. We always had a good time though. \

Once when we had a sub, Mrs. Zao, we had the funniest hour ever. Every time she said anything, the whole class started clapping. When a girl asked to use the bathroom, everyone started clapping. When she took attendance, everyone started clapping. Jake apologized for the class’s clapping, because of the nice child that he is. He even mentioned to Mrs. Beroff that the class was being disruptive towards her.

She always liked him, and so did I. I can’t think of anyone I know that has a bad opinion of Jake. My funny, red-headed, nice, sweet friend Jake.

No comments:

Post a Comment